Tags:Temples and shrines
The Holy Dormition Monastery was opened on May 15, 1879. The monastery had a large farm, the monks worked on spacious arable lands, kept livestock. There were carriage houses, barns, cellars, a bakery and a room for the prosvirniks. There was a shelter for children and an icon painting workshop.
In 1918, the monastery was closed. During the Soviet years, there was a communal school, a camp for street children, and a pioneer camp. The territory was returned to the Church only in 2000, and after that, restoration work and extensive landscaping began in the monastery. Now, years later, not only believers, but also ordinary tourists come to this extraordinarily beautiful place.
Address: 55a Lesnaya St.
Source: https://visitsiberia.info /
Bishop's House and St. John the Baptist Church
The Bishop's House and the Church of John the Baptist were built by the end of the 19th century. But after 1917, the building was first reclassified into a registry office, then into a children's home No. 1 and an orphanage, then a therapeutic hospital of the Provincial Ministry of Health, since 1924 the building became a tuberculosis dispensary, and in the 1930s - the city polyclinic No. 2. After the war, at various times there was a hospital, a trauma center and an oncological center. In the 1990s, the building was empty for a long time and was being destroyed. In the early 2000s, its restoration began. Now the Bishop's House is the administrative center of the Krasnoyarsk diocese, and the Church of St. John the Baptist has become one of the most beloved among local residents. Address: Gorky str., 27
Holy Trinity Cathedral
Holy Trinity Cathedral is one of the most beautiful and most "sacred" churches in the region. Its construction was completed back in the 1860s. Despite the fact that the church is located at the Trinity cemetery, its life is not limited to funeral services. Surprisingly, after 1936, when all the religious buildings in Krasnoyarsk were closed or reclassified into secular institutions, the only church used for its intended purpose was Holy Trinity. In 1937, the priests of the temple were shot, and for two years the prayers of the parishioners continued in secret. In 1939, the building was given to the hardware workshop of the leather goods factory of the Krailegprom, but in 1945 it again received the status of a temple. Address: Igarskaya St., 6. Source: https://visitsiberia.info /